[Scummvm-devel] GUI path settings

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Apr 28 14:39:42 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anybody has a good suggestion regarding our path
settings (e.g. in the global options dialog): they share one problem
right now: there is no way to reset them. So if you set a sound font
once, you are stuck with a sound font, unless you manually edit your
config file. The same holds for the extra path and save path of course.

One way to solve this would be to add a small "Clear" or "Reset" button
next to each of those; but this is problematic since we have not much
space left.

Or we could augment the browser dialog by another (optional) button,
"None". No space problems there. From an UI designer point of view,
that has the drawback of not being immediately obvious to the user (in
order to clear the setting, you first have to choose to change it, and
only then are you offered the choice to reset it).

But then of course the path settings aren't that clear right now
either: The labels are buttons, which you have to click in order to
change the path. Wouldn't it be more logical if the paths where the
button objects? Or if there was a single button with both label and
path as text?