[Scummvm-devel] iMuse oddities

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Tue Aug 23 16:52:33 CEST 2005

I've noticed something slightly odd while playing through MI2.

If I:

1. Leave area A, which has its theme music playing, into area B;
2. Leave area B for C before A's music has faded out completely;
3. I sometimes end up with B and C's music playing at once. B's music won't
stop until I go back to B's area.

This is particularly noticeable if you're in the habit of using CTRL+F to move
rapidly from area to area, which I am. It tends to happen most often when
moving from Woodtick to Captain Dread's ship --- I'm currently looking at the
Phatt Island waterfront with a horrible amalgam of the Scabb Island map music
and the Phatt Island music.

Woodtick's got the complex iMuse seguing system; by using CTRL+G, it's
possible to leave the carpenter's shop and get to Dread's ship before the
carpenter's theme has finished. That really confuses it. I don't know how
iMuse works but it sounds like the event queue is filling up.

Given that you have to cheat to make this go wrong, does it really count as a
bug?

--
"Curses! Foiled by the chilled dairy treats of righteousness!" --- Earthworm
Jim (evil)