[Scummvm-devel] Headers: Copyright and description.

Joost Peters j at 7fc1.org
Tue Jan 4 09:13:10 CET 2005

Hi Guys,

Per the TODO item, I've been in contact with Tony Warriner from
Revolution about the Copyright headers for the sword2 code -for which
we use parts of the original code verbatim in our implementation-, and
the following was agreed on:

"Original Source Copyright (C) 1994-1998 Revolution Software Ltd.
Amendments Copyright (C) 2003-2005 The ScummVM project"

Ofcourse we can still change the "Amendments.." bit to something
'better' if anyone has any suggestions.

When looking at the current headers I noticed some inconsistencies; a
few source files sported our generic and outdated "ScummVM - Scumm
Interpreter", while most files didn't have any such (or similar) line.
This brings me to the point I want to discuss... do we wish to change
this text to something which better reflects what ScummVM (currently)
is?
For sure it no longer is 'just' a "Scumm Interpreter" - most engines
don't even have anything to do with Scumm, which is why I didn't want
to blindly prepend this line to the header.
Especially in this case, with the Revolution Copyright being there, it
might seem to imply that their games were Scumm based as well.

So...discuss. :)

Regards,
Joost