[Scummvm-devel] Website design

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Jul 9 11:09:03 CEST 2005

We still haven't got the new web site design finished.

A week ago I had some spare time, so I started on a conversion myself.
I decided to forget about too much CSS utilisation; I simply do not
have the time to get it working right on half a dozen browser, to some
of which I do not even have access (IE and Opera come to mind). So
instead, I went the quick (and only partially evil, if you ask me) road
of using tables mixed with CSS and some other stuff.

Unfortunately, I run out of time, and right now am too busy for at
least the coming month, so I won't complete it for now. You can view
the current status of it here:
<http://fingolfin.dnsalias.net/~maxhorn/scummvm2/index.php> (only while
I am online, sorry).

Note that everything is encapsulated inside PHP code, so it would be
relatively easy to replace the HTML code with e.g. a CSS+<div> version,
if somebody made one.

Question is, how do we proceed. Maybe we should search for a reliable
volunteer to perform the HTMLization for us, possibly starting from my
work, or starting from scratch. Anybody on the list interested? Or
maybe we should post a news item?

The other question concerns the prizes. Anybody got the address of
jake, so that we can "kick" him a bit? It's a big shame that they
haven't been delivered yet. If that fails, I think we should consider
using some of our money to buy alternate prizes.

Bye,