[Scummvm-devel] Money for a MT32/CM32L

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jun 12 11:24:12 CEST 2005

Yo Ender,

how much money do we have on our donation account? I was wondering
whether it was possible to use some of it to sponsor some MIDI hardware
for me...

In particular I am thinking about getting myself a MT32/CM32L from eBay
so I can implement support for it under Mac OS X (see also
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1187552&group_id=37116&atid=418823>). I already got a
MIDI<->USB adapter from eBay, which cost me about 35 Euro. So far, all
the MT32s I have been bidding on went for more than 45 Euros (excluding
shipping), I hope I'll find a cheaper one eventually.

In addition to being able to implement native MT32 support on Mac (and
support for MIDI devices other than the soft-synth in general), I could
then test the MT32 emu under OS X (right now I lack the control ROM
needed to use it), and fix bugs in it (see e.g.
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1192316&group_id=37116&atid=418820>).

I hope using our money this way is OK with the rest of the team... ?