[Scummvm-devel] SF.net: Changed policy on snapshots

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu May 5 13:50:39 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

I just was made aware of the fact that SF.net changed it's TOS
regarding nightly snapshots. See also
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1109940&group_id=1&atid=350001> and
<http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?group_id=1&docid=4297>

The bad news: we aren't really allowed to host them on our web space
anymore. Well, we can still do it, but we are expected to move away
from this.

The good news: it's apparently now possible to host them in the FRS. To
quote: "Our snapshot service allows the rapid posting of nightly
snapshots to the File Release System, improving download performance.
Automated tools are provided for maintaining project snapshots"

I do not yet know how that system works, but I have posted a SR
regarding this:
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1196197&group_id=1&atid=200001>