[Scummvm-devel] Merging the bug trackers

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Tue May 24 15:11:56 CEST 2005

Max Horn writes:
 > > page shows that average age for our bugs is over 300 days. Not
 > > nice. We even have 2 bugs since 2002 and 8 since 2003.
 > >

 > Sorry, but that's a typical case of a misinterpreting and misstating
 > statistics :-). A closer look would reveal this:
Believe me, I know what average is and how it is calculated. That was
my point. We have bugs which are more that three years old. Not very
good.

 > 2) The average bug age is an "average" -- so the age of all bugs is
 > added up and divided by the number of bugs. In particular, we have
 > eight open bugs from 2002/2003; that skews the picture a lot.
Also my point was and is that now we have number of not killed bugs
added each month quite steady. I.e your goal of 50 bugreports would be
extremely hard to reach unless we will move a bit and squash some.
I am not talking about easy bugs which I fixed myself in the past, but
those which require additional researchand maybe diving into scripts
and/or disassembly or at least involve lots of debugging. Also I am
not talking about bugs which are hard to reproduce or exist on some
rare game version like Zak256 either appear on kind of esoteric
platform.

Eugene

PS. I know that it is extremely uninteresting to kill bugs.