[Scummvm-devel] MD5 errors -- "unsupported" game versions

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Nov 12 09:15:01 CET 2005

Hi folks,

I stated this before, but I'll repeat it: I am not happy that we now
are so extremly picky about MD5s matching. This was *never* what I
intended when I said a long time ago that we should try reducing the
number of SCUMM targets.

If we insist on being so pickish, we could just as well abolish all
those targets and *only* use the MD5. Which I don't think we should.

For most games either just the target, or the target+platform are
sufficient to properly recognize the game, so we should support that,
too!

Ciao,