[Scummvm-devel] New GUI thoughts in the Wiki

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sat Nov 19 04:27:00 CET 2005

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> Finally, this will affect porters, too, be it because increased
> memory usage burdens them, be it because the new GUI might be a
> chance for them to get rid of custom launcher/GUI code... you are all
> welcome to offer your opinion and criticism, too!

What would allow me to get rid of the custom launcher is a way to
automatically fill the game list, and then clear it when the CD is
removed, and refill it when a new CD is inserted, which is what my
custom launcher does.  Having to "Add Game..." manually doesn't
really cut it on a platform with only removable storage.

Of course, the standard launcher doesn't have cool zoom/fade effects,
but I guess you can't have everything...  :-)

  // Marcus