[Scummvm-devel] Re: CD support in launcher

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sat Nov 19 06:57:04 CET 2005

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> You mean icons which indicate the game in question? I guess something
> like bigger versions of the icons found on <http://www.scummvm.org/
> downloads.php#extras> are what you are looking for?

Yes.  Right now, DoTT savegames get an icon of Purple Tentacle, and
S&M savegames get Max, and so on, because those games have such ICO
files available.

> Copyright issues  might make it impossible to include something like
> that in ScummVM.

I would have imagined that it would be ok if we drew them ourselves,
but I guess character copyright comes into question as well...

> A generic ScummVM icon would be possible however, maybe something
> like <http://www.scummvm.org/favicon.ico> just bigger?

A generic default icon would be good regardless, as not all games have
the ICO files.

  // Marcus