[Scummvm-devel] kFeatureVirtualKeyboard

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sat Oct 15 09:23:41 CEST 2005

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:59:35 +0200
Marcus Comstedt <marcus at mc.pp.se> wrote:

> Ideally, the virtual keyboard should appear whenever a text input
> widget has focus, and only then.  So the first thing I did was to
> make ListWidget summon the keyboard when it is in _editMode.
Well... Actually we're in feature freeze mode. So please, try to stay
away from bigger changes in last minute. We may just get not enough
time to fix them. Though anyway there could be 0.8.1 as usual :)

> I then proceeded to fix the sword1 and sword2 save dialogs, which
> implemented their own text input widgets, but had a similar structure
> to the SCUMM dialog nevertheless.
Also there are text input dialogs in saga and gob engines.

> (Note: I don't have these games,
> so I have not been able to test these changes.  It would be nice if
> someone who has these games (as well as a backend supporting
> kFeatureVirtualKeyboard of course) would try it out.)
Both sword1 demo and sword2 demo as well as ITE demo support saves, so
that means that you can test your changes with them.

Though if you have support for gob engine (status of your port isn't
known yet) then you will need a full game since demo has hardcoded list
of levels to choose from. From the other hand support for keyboard
there is essential since game doesn't have saves but offers level codes.

> the Simon demo
> How are you supposed to save in this
> engine?
Only at specific places in the game. Didn't play Simon much by myself
though to tell you exactly where they are located.

Eugene