[Scummvm-devel] kFeatureVirtualKeyboard

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Oct 15 10:33:00 CEST 2005

Am 15.10.2005 um 17:59 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Well, I got tired of the virtual keyboard popping up whenever I enter
> the savegame dialog, even before I have selected a slot to save to,
> so I decided to rework this a bit.
>
> Ideally, the virtual keyboard should appear whenever a text input
> widget has focus, and only then.  So the first thing I did was to
> make ListWidget summon the keyboard when it is in _editMode.  That
> made the SCUMM save dialog work fine without any need for the latter
> to get involved in the details.

Very nice, thanks!

> I then proceeded to fix the sword1 and sword2 save dialogs, which
> implemented their own text input widgets, but had a similar structure
> to the SCUMM dialog nevertheless.  (Note: I don't have these games,
> so I have not been able to test these changes.  It would be nice if
> someone who has these games (as well as a backend supporting
> kFeatureVirtualKeyboard of course) would try it out.)

Hm, anybody should be able to (at least roughly) test this stuff, by
hacking the SDL backend to claim that it supports a virtual keyboard
(return true in hasFeature() for kFeatureVirtualKeyboard), and then
put a printf or so into the setFeatureState() for it. Or maybe call
the on screen display code :-)

> When it comes to BaSS and Simon, which both fiddle around with the
> virtual keyboard, I wasn't able to figure out how the keyboard focus
> worked though.  A further complication is that while I do have these
> games (well, the demo in the case of Simon), I wasn't able to summon
> the savegame dialog to have a look at it.  Well, for the Simon demo
> maybe it's not so strange that you can't save, but I'm a bit worried
> about not being able to save in BaSS.

In regular Simon, you save by using the "postcard" in your inventory.
But I think that's not possible in the demo (at least in the Simon 1
demo I have here, dunno about the one for Simon2).

>   AFAICR, you pressed one of the
> F-keys to save on the Amiga, but I got no reaction out of these.  Nor
> of the other keys I tried.  How are you supposed to save in this
> engine?

Hm, over here, F5 triggers the save/load dialog in SKY / BASS...