[Scummvm-devel] Mixed case filenames

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Oct 16 08:30:42 CEST 2005

Am 16.10.2005 um 16:31 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

[...]

> So we have 2 options here. Either we add enormous amount of all
> various
> file naming cases,

Nah. I am already unhappy with the variants we do right now....

> or open all specified default directories as well as
> extrapaths, read their content and match with scumm_stricmp().

I.e. fake a case insensitive filesystem. Using the FSNode code in
backends/fs/. This way we catch all possible variants at once. Of
course all backends then must properly implement that code (I think
they mostly do already anyway, though).

On another note, we actually try many many more file names, since we
*also* iterate over _defaultDirectories, and then the current
directory. So when ScummVM tries to locate a given file, at times we
check dozens of places before giving up... This isn't nice and could
lead to performance problems, esp. when we are just looking for the
existance of one of multiple files.