[Scummvm-devel] Forums Update

James 'Ender' Brown ender at scummvm.org
Tue Oct 25 07:43:15 CEST 2005

Sorry for the delay in replying to this one. Works launching a new
website on Friday and I'm knee-deep in PHP and HTML :)

I've written a little script to transfer the SF.net forum data into a
mySQL table on the forum server. Tommorow I plan to write a basic
interface to this, which will be linked to from the main forums...
somehow. Because dumping the forum data is such a long process, and only
Fingolfin can do it, the archive will be a bit stale at launch until the
SF.net forums can be closed and a final archive pulled.

My plan is to post to the sf.net forums about the move (mostly for
people who only use forum monitor), and change the links. A day later
we'll disable the SF.net forums and refresh the forum archive. This may
inconvinence some people who use a bookmarks, but hopefully most of our
users are smart enough to check the homepage.

Anyone want to volunteer for writing a few informative stickies on the
new forum? Don't want to launch them totally barren.

 - Ender

James 'Ender' Brown <ender at scummvm.org>