[Scummvm-devel] Forums Update

James 'Ender' Brown ender at scummvm.org
Tue Oct 25 08:40:13 CEST 2005

Apart from a Forum Rules thread, there should probably be a FAQ thread
on the General Discussion forum regarding what NOT to post about and
where to post certain questions.

The Help forum should probably get a FAQ likewise, with certain of the
more stupid questions hilighted.

It'd be nice to have individual port sections populated by some useful
info. Even if your reading this and not a developer, feel free to start
something, and reply to any post with suggestions.

I plan to go through just before we go live and clean out anything
non-relevant. So if something you post gets deleted, don't stress, I'm
just tidying up. Eg, if it's a suggestion that was incorporated into the
main post or something that was moved to a subforum.

--

As far as Moderation goes, mods can indeed edit posts allowing
collaborative updating of Rules, FAQs and such.

I do suggest any particularly long or frequently-edited information be
put into the Wiki, and just linked from a forum post. The wiki has full
revision history, but the forum logs only timestamps and usernames. That
said, things like forum rules should be pretty basic and small - and
having them inline on the forums is more logical.

I believe I've added all the developers registered so far to the ScummVM
Team group. So everyone, yourself included, should see Edit buttons.
Feel free to play around a bit with  editing and deleting each-others
posts. Just put "TEST:" or something in the topic.

Note I'm also not against adding other moderators from the community, so
if you'd like to nominate someone (or yourself), feel free. If your not
a developer, you should be a pretty regular poster on the SF.net forums
before asking :)

 - Ender