[Scummvm-devel] FOTAQ CD version in Ogg format?

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Sep 11 12:50:07 CEST 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:11:23 +0200
Joost Peters <joostp at 7fc1.org> wrote:

> Alternatively, you could modify queenrebuild to support transcoding.
My understanding of the problem that it will pose same questions to
them. I.e. they can't use MP3 in their distribution and so no way to
write license-free application to do the job. Or if MP3 decoding is ok
then compress_queen should link against appropriate library which will
add another dependency.

From the other hand I'm afraid we will start to get requests to write
decompressors for other engines if we implement it for queen. In fact we
already got handful of them in the past mainly from warezers for whom
"the size matters".

So easiest solution would be to host uncompressed/ogg compressed game
data somewhere else. As you, Stefan, mention it on that bugreport.

Eugene