[Scummvm-devel] Wondering about RFE #832460 ("IQ Point Viewer for Indy3")

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Tue Sep 13 03:20:11 CEST 2005

One long-standing feature request concerns the IQ points in Last Crusade.
The Indiana Jones games are among the few (the only ones?) of the LucasArts
games to keep track of a player's score. In Fate of Atlantis, you can see it
by pressing the "I" key, but in Last Crusade the score is part of the
original save/restore dialog.

Since ScummVM provides its own save/restore dialog there is, to the best of
my knowledge, no way to find out your score in Last Crusade, short of dying.

The way I see it, then, there are two options: Either we make our own dialog
to show the contents of the IQ score variables. Of course, we then need to
figure out exactly what these variables are in all versions of Last Crusade.

Or we could add a way to bypass ScummVM's save/restore dialog and show the
original one instead. Of course, it would only be for show - not for use.

It looks like ScummVM is able to show the original dialog from at least
Maniac Mansion v1 and v2, Zak v2, EGA Loom and the 256-colour version of
Last Crusade. Possibly others, but I don't think I have any other games
which have their own dialog, except for CoMI which crashes when returning
to the game.

Any opinions on which way we should go?

Torbjörn Andersson