[Scummvm-devel] Porters: Usage of 'long' vs 'int'

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Apr 1 14:38:10 CEST 2006

Dear porters,

I recently modified common/scummsys.h by adding the new
'SCUMMVM_USE_LONG_INT' flag. This is used to mark ports that do
   typedef long int32
instead of
   typedef int int32

In each case, I added the following FIXME comment:
	// FIXME: Do you really need to use 'long' on this port? Please replace
	// this comment with a new comment that states so, and ideally also
	// explains the reasons briefly.

The following ports are affected:
   Windows (using MSVC), PalmOS, MorphOS, Dreamcast, GP32, Symbian

You may want to resolve those FIXMEs. Documenting such subtle things
helps us to keep your port maintaining. And as always I'd appreciate
your input on how to further improve portability.