[Scummvm-devel] Re: START_PACK_STRUCTS / #pragma pack (Attn porters)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Apr 1 15:22:01 CEST 2006

Since Marcus was the only one to reply, I'll ask this differently:

The following non-MSVC ports use "#pragma pack":

  MINGW32, PalmOS, Dreamcast, GP32, PS2, PSP, Symbian

Dear porters responsible for these ports: Which compiler do you use?
Do you use a non-GCC compiler, if yes, which? If you use GCC: What
version(s) ?

Furthermore, the "UNIX" and MorphOS port uses it when not compiling
with GCC! Can *anybody* tell me which compiler(s) is/are targeted by
that?

Finally, I made some tests, and found that "#pragma pack" seems to be
supported by all GCC 3.x versions I got my hands on, and even works
in GCC 2.95.4 from Debian 2.2. I verified that it works correctly in
all these cases. So, maybe we could simply get rid of the GCC_PACK
macro.

Hence my last question: Is there any compiler you guys out there use
which does *not* support "#pragma pack" ?  E.g. Metrowerks...

Bye,