[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] SF.net SVN: scummvm: [21824] scummvm/trunk/engines/sky

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Apr 12 07:32:02 CEST 2006

Am 12.04.2006 um 14:43 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:
>
>> P.S.: Reading through the logs: No, %t isn't part of the C standard.
>
> Yes, it is.  If you think otherwise, you are probably looking at an
> outdated standard.  The current one is ISO/IEC 9899:1999.

You are right, indeed, I was / am looking at the POSIX 97 spec, which
isn't agreeing with the ISO C99 spec in this regard (no surprise, as
it is based on C89)... The %t conversion character was introduced in
ISO C99 and is also in POSIX 2001/2004 (IEEE Std 1003.1-2001), which
is aligned with ISO C99.

Unfortunately, we can't rely on anything from the ISO C99 specs,
since many of our targets system don't support it, and probably never
will (which is also why we can't use inttypes.h / stdint.h, amongst
other things) :-(

> Not that it matters, since ScummVM is written in C++, not C.

Even if it was written in C, unfortunately, it still wouldn't matter,
unless we decide to drop support for certain compilers / targets :-(

Bye,