[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] SF.net SVN: scummvm: [21824] scummvm/trunk/engines/sky

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Apr 12 09:05:05 CEST 2006

Am 12.04.2006 um 17:47 schrieb Alban Bedel:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:54:16 +1000
> Jonathan Gray <jsg at goblin.cx> wrote:

[...]
>> This a libc thing, not a compiler thing.

<sigh>. I guess I'll have to run my mails past a team of lawyers,
spec experts and other consultants in the future before trying to
mail here ;-).

Yes, it's a library thing. The compiler and the library are both
parts of the C99 spec. I.e. to comply to the C99 spec, both the
compiler and the library have to be brought up to speed. In this
particular case, it would indeed be possible for a non-C99 compiler
to have a libc that supports that part of the C99 spec.

Still, there are systems that don't support C99 (fully, at least).
MSVC comes to mind as a typical example. Older GCC versions / glibc
versions, too. Older libc versions on every system out there, in
fact. C lib implementation for many embedded devices. Possibly the C
libs for various of our small device targets, I can't check all of them.