[Scummvm-devel] DXA file format for videos

Gregory Montoir cyx at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 29 06:22:01 CEST 2006

Max Horn wrote:
> Some more thoughts:
>
> * Does DXA really only store XOR frames? If so, that means one always
> has to start playing those videos from the start, right? Only I- frames
 > No P-frames means no seeking in the file

Not sure if this is a real question but anyway...

Looking at the original .dxa files I have, they all store both intra
(type 2) and predictive (type 3) frames in the stream (ie. there is more
than one intra frame). So, it should be possible to do some seeking in
those files.

The files produced with the encode_dxa tool in the SVN repository
doesn't seem to allow that, though. It seems it encodes the first frame
as an intra frame and the others frames as difference.

Regards,
Gregory