[Scummvm-devel] Serious 0.8.1 BS2 regression

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Fri Feb 3 12:46:18 CET 2006

Kirben's last-minute change to wave.cpp enabled the AUTOFREE flag on WAV
data loaded by loadWAVFromStream(). This made BS2 completely unplayable
with 0.8.1 (as noted both on the forum and bug report #1423140).

Wjp was able to diagnose the bug and suggest a workaround while I was
still waiting for ScummVM to finish compiling, and I've made that change
both on the trunk and branch-0-8-0. Of course, this means that we pretty
much have to release a 0.8.1a or 0.8.2 or whatever. Needless to say, I'm
not pleased about this but I don't see any other option. Not unless we
want to change the compatibility for BS2 from 98% to something close to
zero, at least.

Torbjörn