[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.8.2 is tagged

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Feb 5 10:42:01 CET 2006

Hi,

probably you know that we found a serious flaw in 0.8.1 which rendered
BS2 unplayable. Thus we are forced to release this 0.8.2 "Broken Broken
Sword 2" ScummVM release. I just tagged it. Release tag is

  release-0-8-2

Porters and port builders may start building binaries and uploading
them to

  ftp://upload.sourceforge.net/incoming

(Please, drop me a line with exact file name of your uploaded binary).

I will announce the release at Thursday 00:00, but please, upload your
binaries ASAP, so sf.net mirrors will pick up them.

  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scummvm/scummvm-0.8.2.tar.bz2
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scummvm/scummvm-0.8.2.tar.gz
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scummvm/scummvm-0.8.2.zip

OSDN is primary mirror, so use that, i.e:

  http://osdn.dl.sf.net/sourceforge/scummvm/scummvm-0.8.2.tar.bz2

Please, make sure that you name your tarballs consistently, i.e.:

  "scummvm-VERSION-PORT.EXTENSION". For example:
   "scummvm-0.8.2-macosx.dmg".

Exclusion to this naming scheme is Debian.

Also a question on which files to include into release archives was
raised. Here is recommended list:

  AUTHORS
  COPYING
  NEWS
  README (generic ScummVM one)
  your build binary
  your build-specific README (optional)
  whatever else

Please, let's be uniform in this aspect as well across our ports.

Eugene