[Scummvm-devel] Small source restructuring

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Mon Feb 13 06:50:05 CET 2006

David Given <dg at cowlark.com> writes:

> If it's of any interest, I'm currently working on a Lua-based build system
> called Prime Mover. It's interesting because it's designed to be shipped as a
> single cross-platform binary; it's a shell script that when run unpacks and
> bootstraps itself via a C compiler, so that you don't need a Lua interpreter.
>
> Here's an example of a simple pm file that builds a minimalist C program:
>
> default = cprogram {
> 	"file1.c",
> 	"file2.c",
> 	"file3.c",
> 	install = pm.install("executable")
> }

How does it deal with configuration tests, and dependencies on such
tests?

What I'd like to have is for source code to be scanned not only for
#include, but also for #ifdef HAVE_BLAHA_H etc, and have only such
files recompiled if the value of HAVE_BLAHA_H changes (for example
because I add a new include directory, or install a new dev package).

  // Marcus