[Scummvm-devel] New cinE engine

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Wed Feb 22 17:00:03 CET 2006

Hi guys,

first version of cinE engine has been committed today. The work has
been done under the hood and we have our subteam which will support
this engine. These are cyx, aquadran and sev.

Now you may ask, what is it?

It is first evolution of Cinematique engine from Dolphin software. It
is used in games "Future Wars" and "Operation Stealth". Most
development was done by cinE Team with Yaz0r as a lead developer. But
in time development stalled, yaz got a job and thus became superbusy. I
asked his permission to adopt his project, so it will not bite the dust
and will be eventually finished. He kindly agreed to it and handed me
all his materials which he produced during the development.

Cyx was already part of cinE Team at later stages, so he will continue
his work on the engine in ScummVM. Huge amount of conversion to our
OSystem was performed by aquadran.

There are English and French versions of each of 2 games, and code
works with any of them. Just right now engine lacks proper
autodetection and thus only English variants work flawlessly.

Future Wars is completable, and its engine is basically completed too.
Operation Stealth still has many glitches, lacks music, but is
still playable.

  http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Cine_TODO

There is evolution 2 of Cinematique engine on which "Cruise for a
Corpse" game was built on. It is still in active development by Yaz0r.

Eugene