[Scummvm-devel] Subversion is here!

Øystein Eftevaag wintermute at geheb.com
Thu Jan 12 15:27:01 CET 2006

Internally, subversion is CVS "done right" and is far more extensible
and flexible than CVS.

Practical reasons though:
* Subversion is a lot faster
* Subversion actually makes deleting files, directories, and moving
stuff around, trivial.
Compared to CVS where it's... not.

The structure of Subversion is also purely directory based, and does
away with
the branches and modules of CVS. This makes some things more difficult,
but a lot more intuitive and easy to manage.

---
Oystein