[Scummvm-devel] Subversion is here!

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Fri Jan 20 12:51:05 CET 2006

Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> writes:

> The question is how "Node-action: delete" should be handled in this
> case? I.e:
>
> Revision-number: 1425
> Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunck_type.h
> Node-action: delete
> Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunck.h
> Node-action: delete
> Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunck.cpp
> Node-action: delete
> Revision-number: 1426
> Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunk_type.h
> Node-kind: file
> Node-action: add
> Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunk.h
> Node-kind: file
> Node-action: add
> Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunk.cpp
> Node-kind: file
> Node-action: add

Well, what happened in that case?  Why were the files removed and then
readded with the same path?

If it was in fact the same content which was readded, linking the add
to the deleted node should be the right thing to do.

> And also what to do in this case:
>
> Revision-number: 108
> Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/sound/imuse.cpp
> Node-kind: file
> Node-action: add
>
> Revision-number: 112
> Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/imuse.cpp
> Node-action: delete
>
> i.e. file was added, and only later removed. I guess that delete actions should be deleted, and I SVN allow empty commits to exist, i.e. they look like revision number was forcefully bumped.

A move in subversion is just a copy + delete.  There is nothing which
requires the delete to be committed in the same revision as the copy,
so this one should not give any problems.

Don't remove any delete actions.  That would just make the old file
stick around in head.

I suppose empty commits are allowed, but there should not be any need
to make one.  All node-actions should be kept.

  // Marcus