[Scummvm-devel] Problem with linking

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Fri Jan 27 09:17:07 CET 2006

Hi,

while working on Nokia770 port, I faced one interesting linker problem.

Nokia770 does not have any MIDI output, so only driver which gets
compiled is null.cpp. But here we face following problem:

  class MidiDriver_NULL : public MidiDriver_MPU401 {
  }

and it does not implement many virtual methods which should go from
MidiDriver_MPU401 superclass. It is located in sound/ directory.

But in our Makefile.common we have this:

  MODULES += ... sound backends ...

And this successfully leads to unresolved symbols and broken vtables.
We had similiar issue with MacOS X build.

So to resolve this issue I propose to move null.cpp file from
backends/midi/ to sound/ directory and swap those modules (sound and
backend) in Module.common file.

What do you think?

Eugene