[Scummvm-devel] START_PACK_STRUCTS default changed -- port breakage

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jul 9 14:31:19 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

since I never got any complaints regarding my proposed
START_PACK_STRUCTS changes either, I implemented those now, too.

Now, START_PACK_STRUCTS / END_PACK_STRUCTS always default to doing
#pragma pack push/pop, which should work on GCC, MSVC, Metrowerks
CodeWarrior and others. I.e. scummsys.h now says:

#ifndef START_PACK_STRUCTS
#define START_PACK_STRUCTS pack(push, 1)
#define END_PACK_STRUCTS   pack(pop)
#endif

A few ports may be broken by this change now. Affected porters can
restore their port by simply adding appropriate (possibly empty)
#define's for their port, e.g.

#define START_PACK_STRUCTS
#define END_PACK_STRUCTS

My next change will be to remove GCC_PACK (assuming my testings for
that turn up positive).