[Scummvm-devel] Detection hints in the Add Game browser

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Sat Jul 29 23:37:11 CEST 2006

Ori Avtalion wrote:
> My solution is to have a message such as "This directory seems to
> contain a SCUMM game" displayed when a candidate directory is entered.
>
> How is this done?

This is though informative and helpful, so I support it. Obviously it
would be better to minimize access, but from the wince perspective
either a small md5 or a quick list check will run just fine.

And while on the subject, Arisme has implemented an "automatic search
for games" feature for the wince port. By selecting the parent directory
where all the games are (typically) contained, all games are added in
one strike. The code for this is not that much, and is contained at
backends/wince/CELauncherDialog.cpp (automaticScanDirectory). Do you
think this is useful for our non-ce users as well?

Kostas