[Scummvm-devel] Detection hints in the Add Game browser

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Sun Jul 30 21:26:16 CEST 2006

Ori Avtalion wrote:

> Since the file list in the browser only displays directories, the actual
> clicking of the "Choose" button is done when nothing is on the screen.
> I think this disorients some users

Very belated reply, but I don't think anyone has pointed out yet that
this is actually just one way of doing it. You can also select the
directory and - without opening it first - click the "Choose" button.

Of course, it may still be confusing to some, and if it can be made less
so, that's a good thing. I seem to recall there have even been a few
cases where users haven't realized that they could open directories to
descend deeper into the file hierarchy. But I'm not sure how - or even
if - that could be hinted any better than it already is.

Torbjörn