[Scummvm-devel] 403 Forbidden (project admin assistance required)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Jun 3 16:00:35 CEST 2006

Am 03.06.2006 um 15:51 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> When I try to commit to scummvm, I get this error:
>
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: MKACTIVITY of '/svnroot/scummvm/!svn/act/
> 2a52f21a-5215-0410-8dc5-baac2966c036': 403 Forbidden (https://
> svn.sourceforge.net)

Fixed.

> This seems to be a known problem, but one which requires manual
> intervention from a project admin:
>
> | (  2006-06-02 07:57:14 - Project Subversion (SVN) Service  )   Users
> | of Subversion (SVN) who receive a '403 Forbidden' error must get
> their
> | SVN write permissions flag for the project enabled. Any project
> admin
> | can add the permission for you in the project admin members page.
>
> (quoted from the SourceForge.net Site Status Page.)
>
> It would probably be prudent to fix this for all devs before the
> feature freeze tomorrow...  :-)

As far as I can tell, you and Wonstar were the only active devs
affected by this. I enabled SVN access for all others when we
originally entered the Subversion beta program, but apparently forgot
to set the write bit for you and Wonstar back then. They didn't
enforce the "write access rule" before today, it seems, which is why
we didn't notice earlier.