[Scummvm-devel] Release status June 4th. Feature freeze.

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Jun 4 22:12:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

Not much has changed in last 2 days, though several important things
were resolved and couple bugs resolved.

Now we reached a first milestone. A FEATURE FREEZE. Let me explain what
it means for those of who are new.

It means no new features should be brought till next Sunday when I'll
branch 0.9.0 and announce unfreeze. This is a perfect time for bug
hunting. There are few areas which are not on freeze, so devs in those
areas may continue work, though I'd like to stress the point, that it
would be good to spend some time on bug fixing. Areas which aren't
frozen:

 - backends/ subdirectory
 - lure engine
 - cine engine
 - agi engine
 - GUI code
 - gob2 code (i.e. only _v2 files)
 - dists/ subdirectory
 - doc/ subdirectory

i.e. all things which do not effect games or games which will not be
supported in 0.9.0

Questions to resolve
====================
#1495080 SWORD: DXA compression
DXA cutscenes will not go to Sword engines, it's too late. May be we
should create some poll on our forums and see what our users think
about it, but if supported it will go to 0.10.0 or something like that

#1276480 GUI: Accented characters
We already have most fonts in Latin1 encoding in current code.
Exceptions are scummfont and consolefont. So we will regenerate those
and modify code to show 8bit characters. Max, may you provide BDF
source for scummfont or at least tell us what it was?

Show stopper bugs
=================
#0000000 NEWS file. It should be synced with reality
#1490327 SIMON1DOS/TALKIE: Game Crash at Swampling's
#1481377 WINCE: savegame dialog doesn't redraw on view mode change
#1435134 SYMBIAN: Simon2 during Intro
#959001  ZAK: Can't give Annie the lighter in Katmandu

Nice to have fixed bugs
=======================
#1498221 KYRA1: Glitches when meeting Zanthia
#1496566 SAM: Minor Graphics Glitch in second encounter with flambee
#1481383 WINCE: MI2 cutscene sequence never ends
#1481375 WINCE: load and save dialogs are too large
#1479856 KYRA1: gfx glitch when dying on bridge
#1409244 KYRA1: GFX problems with ITALIAN floppy
#1193185 MI SEGA: Dialogue problem with Sega CD version
#1159581 ADLIB: Adlib Emulation doesn't Respect Volume Settings
#828860  SIMON1DOS/TALKIE: Chest disappears at Swampling's

Ports status
============
PalmOS: Problems with gob. All engines but sword1/2 will be included.
Dreamcast: No problems?
GP32: Performance problems in GUI
maemo: planned to be included, needs little more work
AmigaOS: test build is available at
  http://www.os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=game/adventure/scummvm.lha
MorphOS: ?
PS2: Performance problems in GUI as well
PSP: OK.
Symbian: OK.
WinCE: OK?

Eugene