[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.9.0 "The OmniBrain loves you" release plans

Jonathan Gray jsg at goblin.cx
Wed Jun 21 16:45:52 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 04:24:41PM +0200, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

> Jonathan Gray <jsg at goblin.cx> writes:
>
> > GCC 2.95 build is broken, even after fixing the #ifdef
> > mess in hashmap I get an ICE in the gobliins code on
> > my sparc machine.  Last release built fine after
> > fixing hashmap, it is sad to see things broken again.
>
> An ICE is, by its very definition, a bug in the compiler.  So if
> there's anything which is sad it's that you're still using such an old
> and bugged compiler.  If you feel that GCC 4 is too bleeding edge,
> maybe you should at least try GCC 3?  I'm using 3.3.1 and 3.4.5 on my
> Sparcs.

I rebuild the entire system with it, gcc tends to get slower at building
as time goes by.  There are scummvm ports that only have a useable gcc 2.x
version from what I gather, I wonder how they are to fare in future.
I guess I will be forced to switch the OpenBSD
port to use gcc 3.x on architectures that use GCC 2 for default compiler
(ie alpha/sparc32/m68k) this release, that or disable the gobliins code.