[Scummvm-devel] Re: Error on build

Gregory Montoir cyx at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 18 04:59:02 CET 2006

Hi Hubert,

> GM>> Trying to build ScummVM AmigaOS target and have problems since few days, it
> GM>> stops with Kyra.cpp:
>
> GM>> In file included from engines/kyra/kyra.cpp:42: ./engines/kyra/resource.h:46:
> GM>> error: expected `,' or `...' before numeric constant make: ***
> GM>> [engines/kyra/kyra.o] Error 1
>
> GM>> This is the part, where PAKFile(const... is line 46, but every try on editing
> GM>> it, didn't get me any further, any ideas what's going wrong there?
>
> Sorry to bother again, but as a complete beginner...
>
> GM> Maybe a "#define amiga ..." in one of the included headers ?
>
> is missing?
> is wrongly defined?
> has to be altered?
> has to be added?

Yes, I realize my previous mail wasn't that clear.

My suggestion is to look into the headers of your compiler and the
libraries you link with (SDL ?) and try to locate a "#define amiga".

Supposing there is one and it defines "amiga" to a number, for example,

	#define amiga 1

The preprocessor will replace it and you'll end up with the error you
mentionned.

If that's the case, the best way to "fix" this is probably be to change
the function signature in the Kyra code.

Hope this help,
Gregory