[Scummvm-devel] Max cursor size

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Fri May 5 09:38:03 CEST 2006

Marcus Comstedt wrote:

> The question is: how large cursors does bs2 (the game)
> actually use?

The BS2 mouse cursor consists of two parts: A cursor (cross-hair, arrow,
hand, etc.) and an optional "luggage" (inventory object).

I haven't been able to try all the options, but here are two cases which
produce a fairly large cursor:

* Inventory object + hand beckoning right: 78x65 pixels
* Inventory object + hand picking up:      55x88 pixels

So I'm guessing that the code to limit the cursor size was added to
address the second case. You can see, in the current version, how the
luggage appears to "jump" slightly when the cursor changes to that
particular combination.

Other than that, there isn't much to gain aesthetically from making the
change. It does simplify the code a bit, though.

Torbjörn