[Scummvm-devel] Kyra 3 cutscene player

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Sun May 14 00:24:32 CEST 2006

I wrote:

> I know this is rather premature, since I have no idea when - or even if
> - Kyra 3 will be supported, but just for fun I wrote some prototype code
> for playing the VQA cutscenes. If anyone is interested, it can be found
> at http://www.update.uu.se/~d91tan/ScummVM/play_vqa.tar.gz

I've made some minor updates to this (mostly to keep down the number of
malloc() / free() calls) and added a player for the AUD music files. The
URL is now http://www.update.uu.se/~d91tan/ScummVM/kyra3-tools.tar.gz
instead.

The AUD music files use the same compression method as can be used by
the VQA cutscene files. I'm told that speech and sound effects also do,
but I haven't written (and probably won't) an unpacker for those files.
For all I know, we may already have some of that in the Kyra engine already.

Torbjörn