[Scummvm-devel] Release status

Pawel Kolodziejski pablo at omega.xtr.net.pl
Tue May 30 14:16:05 CEST 2006

> On Tue, 30 May 2006 21:54:16 +0200 (CEST)
> "Pawel Kolodziejski" <pablo at omega.xtr.net.pl> wrote:
>
>> But as I wrote note about this build, it's exclusivly for two PDA.
>> It is because I did customisations/fixes for SDL library which are not
>> official, and only available for that palmtops (proper fullscreen, gfx
>> rotation, downscaling high resolutions, zooming, virtual keyboard,
>> keymaping).
> Question is, how common are those PDAs in Familiar/OPIE project? If
> they're pretty common, then we may still provide binaries for 0.9.0.

I'm not sure what you mean common.
This build is for ARM v4 (only this time, xscale is v5) little endian
compatible cpu. It depend on Opie and SDL library. so it should run all on
palmtops supported officialy by Familiar (if it's arm v4 build). There are
scummvm packages in Familiar which are not included into base distro
builds, but only as marginaly optional package and they are outdated and
only provided for simply existence (this should also remind you nokia 770
pseudo port). The SDL create common layer, but implemention for Opie is
diffrent for ipaq and zaurus, and for others. So result is, some of them
are better or worst. Anyway, none of official SDL Opie implementions has
enough level of quality to fully proper works.
In my personal opinion release officialy such build for rest except those
two pda without needed functionality will be a big shame.
My customisation in SDL resolve that lack of functionality and it works
very well. It could be good for those PDA supported by me, but for rest
users it might confuse.

aquadran