[Scummvm-devel] 0.9.1, DS port, PalmOS port (Was: Version 0.9.1 and deleting save games)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Sep 19 07:41:56 CEST 2006

Am 19.09.2006 um 02:49 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:23:23 +0100
> Neil Millstone <neil at millstone.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just realised something.  Since my DS port was not integrated
>> with the SVN codebase when the 0-9-0 branch was created, there is
>> obviously none of my stuff in there.  If I wanted to release an 0.9.1
>> binary along with the other porters, I'd have to backport all my
>> changes from the trunk to the branch.  This would be quite
>> time-consuming.
> As I recall, your port did not touch our main codebase too heavy. If
> you're talking about backends/nds directory, then it is OK to
> commit it
> to branch-0-9-0. What other changes are required?

As Eugene says, a backport may well be feasible, but it should be
done *now* else we will never get 0.9.1 out of the door. Of course
there is the PalmOS port to consider, too. I noticed several commits
by Chrilith recently, what's the status?

> The reason is that 0.10.0 could be in next 6 months or even later,
> nobody knows for sure.

Of course we could just say that we plan to make a release around new
year again now... Hopfully I'll have time then to coordinate it... Of
course it would only make sense if we had enough to show, i.e. a
finished new engine, docs (haha just kidding), or major new features,
like the ability to delete savegames :-)