[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 5th Birthday

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Sep 23 11:43:47 CEST 2006

Am 23.09.2006 um 10:57 schrieb ender at scummvm.org:

> Since the project officially turns 5 years old on the 5th of October
> perhaps we should do something a little celebratory?

Sounds like a good idea.

> I was meaning to bring this up earlier, but my lack of connectivity
> is a
> problem at the moment. However its probably not too late to do
> something
> if anyone really wants to roll with it.
>
> Any volunteers, ideas or suggestions? I'm not going to be able to
> organise
> anything myself, alas :(

I'll do some brain storming now, please don't be too irritated by my
suggestions *g*

We could try to slightly "redecorate" the website during that day,
for example (putting a birthday cake picture on it instead of the
screenshots or something... well, maybe there are people out there
who are more creative in this regard than me *hint* *hint*)

Oh, and we should of course write a news item. We could also write
kind of a pseudo C.V. ... you know like "And when ScummVM was 2.5, it
got it's first new engine". Either written in a matter of facts way,
or funny. If this was done in German, I could think of lots of
"funny" *cough* puns and so on, but personally I am not that good
writing something like this in english. And maybe add some "pictures"
of previous birthdays or so.

We could also choose our "all-time favorites"... like "Best Bug" or
so. Silly I guess, but I am just brainstorming :-)

If we had known a bit earlier, we could even have tried to make a
"birthday release" with 0.9.1, but I think that's too late now.

Bye,