[Scummvm-devel] ScummEX and Tools GUI: Qt vs. wx

Markus Strangl Markus at Strangl.de
Thu Apr 12 17:31:21 CEST 2007

Max Horn wrote:
> Personally, I tend a bit towards wxWidgets, because you don't need a
> preprocessor, and because it seems a bit "lighter" to me (this is based on
> Qt 3.x and an older wxWidgets release, BTW, maybe I am outdated). And
> building wxMac is a lot faster than Qt/Mac *g*.
> Alas, that's just my two cents, and it would be interesting to hear what
> others think in this regard.

I don't know the current state of Qt, but the last time I laid hand onto
it, Qt was rather painful to get running on Solaris. wxWidgets (resp.
wxgtk) was much easier to build and less ressource-intensive.
If the tools GUI is expected to run on all platforms that ScummVM runs
on, this might be an argument for wx.

Grtz
Markus "WooShell" Strangl

--
MFS Electronics			PC Hard- and Software
Markus F. Strangl, CEO		Electronics Development