[Scummvm-devel] Google Summer of Code: How to proceed

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Apr 15 14:41:12 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

all GSoC students are now subscribed to this list, very good.

To everybody who's wondering how we will proceed, take a look at the
official SoC timeline:
   <http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?
answer=60325&topic=10729>

So, the actual coding is supposed to start on May 28 (although of
course people can start before that, if they want to). Until then,
students are supposed to learn more about the project community, so I
would like to encourage that once more. Hang our on our IRC channel
if you can, register a forum account and check out what's going on
there.

Beyond that, if you have spare time and energy, feel free to do more
research. E.g. browse our Wiki; make yourself familiar with the
ScummVM code base (maybe starting at the Doxygen docs, <http://
www.scummvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/index.php>). Ask folks on IRC about
details you want to know; or nag your mentor with questions about
your project. Or simply play some games with ScummVM if you haven't
yet (two of them can be downloaded legally and for free from our
website).
If you do not have the time left for that now, don't worry, it's not
required of you -- it just might make life easier for you later.

The real work then is supposed to start on May 28. I am looking
forward to that a lot, I hope you do, too :-)