[Scummvm-devel] Wiki uploads broken?

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:28:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

> If the Wiki uploads are still an issue, then maybe this bug was
> introduced by the recent upgrade of the wiki? Ender, any ideas?

>From what I know it was introduced after the recent upgrades, but I
had a problem with uploading new versions of existing files which
always failed, I told it to Endy on IRC once, but it wasn't fixed
(maybe he forgot about it :-/).

> Somewhat more general bitching (*not* meant to put Buddha down, mind
> you, I am just using this as an excuse to bring up the topic -- so,
> everybody feel addressed by this, I do not want to single out any
> specific person :-):
> This is the first time I hear about this issue. Unfortunately, people
> recently have this tendency to not report issues with our website/
> forum/wiki directly, but rather silently suffer and hope that the
> issue will be magically resolved by somebody else... Yeah, right,
> that will happen *g*. Well, this not really an issue for me (I fix
> bug as I notice them, and when I don't notice them, then they
> obviously do not bother me *g*). But I certainly *would* appreciate,
> for the sake of the rest of humanity, if everybody who sees an issue
> in one of our sites would immediately report it via email or the bug
> tracker... for example, the docs section of our website was broken
> for well over a month, and I only learned about it very recently.
> Fixing it then was a trivial matter, but when we don't know about an
> issue, we can't fix it, right?

He mentioned it on our IRC channel once, I can't remember the date
right now, it was not the best place to post maybe :-). We really
should inform the people that they shall also report bugs from our
website/wiki/forums on our bug tracker, as you said, maybe create a
new category for it if we haven't one allready.

// Johannes

PS: This time to -devel ;-)