[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.11.0 release plans

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Dec 6 12:31:22 CET 2007

On Do, Dezember 6, 2007 11:37, neil at millstone.demon.co.uk wrote:

[...]

> Current status of the DS port:
> It works just fine in SCUMM games, tried AGOS engine over last weekend and
> it just crashes on engine start.  This seems to be partly to do with it's
> use of the C library call time(), which doesn't work in the DS toolchain.

Bad bad bad (the usage of time(), I mean). We should get rid of the
#include <time.h> in scummsys.h, really.

> I had a go at getting rid of all these and replacing them with
> OSystem::getMillis(), which  instead of crashingm the game still sat at a
> black screen, but going round and round the game loop.  I will be looking
> at this further when I get more time.  It takes quite a while to get this
> stuff working without a debugger, so if anyone has any ideas, please let
> me know.
>
> I also noticed some other issues in the front-end since I last looked at
> it (duplicate games appearing in the game list?).

Which game list are you referring to here? I.e. how to exactly reproduce
this issue?

> Personally, I would much prefer more notice than a month when new version
> is to be released.  I would have liked to have a stable beta out for
> testing two or three weeks before the release date, but with five weeks
> notice on the release, this seems unlikely this time round.
>
> It should be possible for me to fix the bugs in the time available (unless
> some of the bugs are really nasty) but I'm not sure why we can't decide on
> release dates three or so months in advance and avoid the rush.

Agrred! Although we *did* talk about this release date for more than a
month now. But, very sadly, mostly on IRC only. Which is, as I pointed
out, bad for many reasons. Like that only a fraction of a team will hear
about such a discussion if it is lead only on IRC :(.

Bye,