[Scummvm-devel] AGI keyboard input problems

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Dec 23 16:26:08 CET 2007

Hi folks,

I recently made some changes to the AGI keyboard code. These changes
were motivated by bug #1854331 (AGI: AZERTY keyboard not supported),
but also by the fact that our keyboard code obviously was incorrect
when compared to <http://sarien.cvs.sourceforge.net/sarien/sarien/src/
graphics/sdl/sdl.c>.

Anyway, may mail has two reasons:
1) It would be good if some folks good re-check some AGI games with
regards to keyboard input. Does everything work correctly, or did I
introduce regressions?

2) As you can tell by the FIXME comments in agi.cpp, line 222 and
following, things are still not quite clear. In particular, I wonder
why we check the key*code* instead of the key ascii value. I propose
that we insert the following line in line 222 (i.e. just after
"default:"):
    key = event.kbd.ascii;
Does this look OK to the AGI experts? Could somebody test with that
line, and see whether it causes regressions? If not, just commit it...

Lastly, if any of you are AZERTY users, please check whether you can
reproduce the bug mentioned at the start of this email in current
SVN. If you can do so, please check whether my change proposed under
2) makes any difference.

Bye,