[Scummvm-devel] Alternate input method for lure

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Tue Dec 25 19:22:33 CET 2007

Merry Xmas everybody,

Paul Gilbert wrote:
> I have no objections with variations from the original if we want to
> keep it consistant across all the platforms - my only concern is whether
> all possible lists will always fit on-screen. The list of possible rooms
> to go to for a "Go To" command to Ratpouch can get up to about 20
> entries, and the list of possible items for an "Ask For" command is
> likely to get large too - someone with some time needs to play all the
> way through on 'full display' mode and determine whether all the lists
> will always fit on-screen.

Yes, oversize menus are my fear too. This is too close for comfort to
the release to go around changing that piece of code. If Paul has a few
savegames with large menus, I'd be happy to go in and code some
extensions to the menu code (adding multiple columns for instance). I'm
keeping the "new" menus for the wince port though.

> If there are still any inputs that are hiding the cursor on the PDA, let
> me know and I'll adjust them - I already have several points that check
> whether the system is supporting a virtual keyboard, and if so keep the
> cursor active.

Seems good so far :-)

> The doStatus() problem should be fixed in the latest builds.

Indeed it's gone and thank you for that :-)

Kostas