[Scummvm-devel] Support for "registering" games?

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Mon Jan 15 18:35:45 CET 2007

David Weinehall wrote:

> A much requested feature from Debian users has been that there would be
> some sort of global scummvm configuration file, so that it would be
> possible to have games registered on installation.
>
> This would make games visible to all all users of the system at once,
> instead of only having per-user .scummvm files.  The user could then
> override these entries using his local .scummvm-file.

It would probably be easier if each packaged game had its own file with
default settings. That way, a package would just have to remove its own
file, rather than trying to figure out which lines of one global config
file to remove.

Of course, this still assumes that the problem of merging global and
local settings can be easily solved. I'm not familiar enough with the
inner workings of the config manager.

Torbjörn