[Scummvm-devel] Smacker to DXA conversion

Laurent Blume laurent at elanor.org
Thu Jan 25 11:21:53 CET 2007

Max Horn a écrit :
> But, this doesn't mean we couldn't try to persuade somebody to write a
> portable smacker-to-DXA converter, right? Somebody on #scummvm (madmoose
> ?) has been working on a libsmk recently. It should be fairly easy to
> write a tool based on this and our DXA converter code which directly
> converts a SMK into DXA (at least the graphics part). For legal reasons we
> shouldn't host this as part of ScummVM I guess, but that shouldn't be the
> issue.
>
> Thoughts?

What about Smacker support in MPlayer? There is a binary available for
MacOS, and I suppose it could be used to convert to another format using
mencoder.
I haven't tried it, so I don't how well it works, though.

 «Smacker audio and video decoding via lavc»
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

Laurent