[Scummvm-devel] Bug hunt

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Jan 26 13:34:28 CET 2007

Hi folks,

the number of open bug reports has been growing steadily in the
recent past, to now well over 160. Not a surprise considering the
many additional supported games and ports. Still, it would be nice to
get down to a more reasonable count. Therefore, I have been combing
through the bug reports once again recently.

So, here's a list with open bug report for which I think we could
advance their status a bit, or even resolve them, if just the right
people took a look. I'll try to explain for each item how one could
help (you can always help by fixing the issue, of course :-). Oh, and
one doesn't have to be a team member to help with this.

Hint: To quickly surf to any of these bugs, use the URL <https://
sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=NUM> where NUM is replaced by
the bug id.

* The following issues need to be (a) confirmed and/or (b) the
behavior compared to the original interpreter, if possible.
[ 1621210 ] FOA: Kerner counts incorrectly during end sequence
[ 1509509 ] INDY3 (MAC): Grail diary bug in library
[ 1537373 ] KYRA1: Crash when meeting Zanthia
[ 1521530 ] MANIAC: some bugs?
[ 1603519 ] MI: crash when pouring melting mug on lock
[ 1536993 ] PSP: BS1 scrolling sync issue
[ 1529248 ] SDL: Mouse doesn't work right in full screen.
[ 1598553 ] SDL/X11: Wrong fullscreen rendering in portrait mode

* This Simon 2 crash only occurs in the German version, and also in
the original -- maybe somebody can implement a workaround?
[ 1600999 ] SIMON2: Crash while talking to Bingo Bongo

* For this, it would be good to have a tester with an AZERTY
keyboard. Ideally on Mac, but it would also be interesting to know
whether this works better on other systems:
[ 1643848 ] MACOSX: Unable to save/load using numbers on AZERTY keyboard

* The following is a design issue. My idea to resolve it is to remove
the current dir from the standard search paths if an explicit "path"
has been specified. Feel free to comment, even if it is only to say
"Nay" or "Yay" to my "solution" :)
[ 1597208 ] ALL: Current directory as default path

* One of our oldest. Anybody know something about Adlib and how it
works? You might be able to help here!
[ 1159581 ] ADLIB: Adlib Emulation doesn't Respect Volume Settings

There are also a ton of open bug reports for GOB2, Kyra, MM NES, MI2
FM-TOWNS.  And of course, the MT-32 emulator code seems to have
completely stalled, too :-/. And there are many more bugs and bug
reports out there -- fixing any of them is much appreciated. :)